AAOA Fellow Exam
2020 AAOA Fellow Exam
Friday, October 23 at the 2020 AAOA Annual Meeting
The AAOA’s voting membership is comprised of ABOto (or AOBOO) certified/eligible physicians who have demonstrated competence and qualifications through their residency training and board certification. AAOA Fellows are AAOA Members who have have supplemented their otolaryngology training through AAOA CME Courses and demonstrated their enhanced expertise by passing the AAOA Fellow Examination.
An AAOA Fellow may define her/himself as a Fellow of the AAOA with ABMS-certification in otolaryngology, the scope of which includes the diagnosis and management of allergy of the aerodigestive tract.
Candidates must meet the criteria to sit for the exam prior to applying. The following lists the current requirements needed in order to sit for the oral and written Fellow Exam at the AAOA Annual Meeting.
- Certification by the American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery or the American Osteopathic Board of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (AOBOOHNS)
- Member of the AAOA for a minimum of one (1) year
- Attendance at 1 complete AAOA Basic Course in Allergy & Immunology within the past five (5) years
- Attendance at 1 complete AAOA Advanced Course in Allergy & Immunology within the past five (5) years
- Attendance at 1 complete AAOA Annual Meeting within the past five (5) years
- Attendance at 1 additional AAOA–sponsored CME program within the past five (5) years
- Attestation of primary treatment of ten (10) immunotherapy patients who have been on immunotherapy for at least 6 months
- Completed AAOA Fellow Exam application & fee by April 1st
- Payment of $950 (Late applications will be assessed $1,350 if received between April 1 and April 15)
The above-noted materials must be submitted to the AAOA by APRIL 1.
Materials submitted between April 1 and April 15 will be considered late and the exam registration fee will be $1,350. Materials postmarked after April 15, and incomplete applications, will not be considered.
Download AAOA Fellow Exam application here.
Submit materials to:
Attn: Fellow Exam
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Suggested Reference Material
The following resources are suggested in addition to the Basic and Advanced Course curricular material to assist the applicant in preparing for the AAOA Fellow Exam.
- AAOA Basic and Advanced Course content
- International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology: Volume 4, Supplement 2, September 2014
- International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology: Volume 5, Supplement 1, September 2015
- Clinical Insights: E-Learning Modules from the AAOA– Available in the AAOA member portal
- International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology: The International Consensus Statement on Allergy and Rhinology (ICAR), Volume 8, Issue 2, February 2018
Fellows of the AAOA
The status of AAOA Fellow will be granted to candidates who meet all the eligibility criteria and who pass both the oral and written parts of the Fellow Exam.
Maintaining AAOA Fellow status requires active membership and is contingent upon the attendance at 2 AAOA-sponsored courses or meetings during each subsequent 5–year cycle from the date Fellow status is granted.
Contact the AAOA at 202-955-5010 or email@example.com if you have any questions about the Fellow Exam.
AAOA Annual Meeting
|All Member Candidates||FREE|
|One Day Pass||$495.00|