AAOA Annual Meeting 2018
2018 AAOA Fellow Exam: Friday, September 14
The AAOA’s voting membership is comprised of ABOto (or AOBOO) certified/eligible physicians who have demonstrated competence and qualifications through their residency training and board certification. AAOA Fellows are AAOA Members who have have supplemented their otolaryngology training through AAOA CME Courses and demonstrated their enhanced expertise by passing the AAOA Fellow Examination.
An AAOA Fellow may define her/himself as a Fellow of the AAOA with ABMS-certification in otolaryngology, the scope of which includes the diagnosis and management of allergy of the aerodigestive tract.
To be eligible to sit for the AAOA Fellow Exam, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Certification by the American Board of Otolaryngology (or AOBOO)
- AAOA membership for a minimum of 1 year
- Completion of a full AAOA Basic Course in Allergy & Immunology within 5 years
- Completion of a full AAOA Advanced Course in Allergy & Immunology within 5 years
- Attend 2 additional AAOA-sponsored CME courses within 5 years
- Submission of a list of 10 patients who have been treated with immunotherapy for at least six (6) months
- Completed AAOA Fellow Exam Application form
- $950 exam registration fee ($1,350 for late applications)
The above-noted materials must be submitted to the AAOA by APRIL 1.
Materials submitted between April 1 and April 15 will be considered late and the exam registration fee will be $1,350. Materials postmarked after April 15, and incomplete applications, will not be considered.
Submit materials to:
Attn: Fellow Exam
11130 Sunrise Valley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Maintenance of Fellow status requires active membership and attendance at 2 AAOA-sponsored live CME Programs in the most recent rolling 5-year period.
Contact the AAOA at 202-955-5010 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Fellow Exam.