AAOA Advanced Course in Allergy & Immunology 2019
Thursday, December 12 – Saturday, December 14, 2019
JW Marriott, Austin, TX
Drs. Damask and Parker will lead the faculty for our annual Advanced Course in Allergy & Immunology that builds on the Basic Course and delves further into allergy diagnosis, management, and treatment. Register Today
The Advanced Course in Allergy & Immunology builds on the basic clinical care of allergic patient concepts and techniques presented at the AAOA’s Basic Course in Allergy & Immunology. It delves into concomitant disease, comorbidities, organ-based symptomatology and disease management, and the more complicated patient.
The AAOA CME program centers around clinical issues related to the care of allergy/immunology and inflammatory diseases of the airways and systems related to the head and neck.
The Advanced Course focuses on:
- Immunology and efficacy of Immunotherapy (SCIT and SLIT)
- Diagnosis and management of food allergy
- Diagnosing and managing the pediatric patient
- Advanced topics (aspirin-exacerbated respiratory disease, medication allergy, local allergy, stinging insect, skin allergy, oral, ophthalmic, and otologic manifestations)
- Asthma diagnosis and management, including pulmonary function testing and biologics
- Learning the latest on laryngologic topics and how it relates to allergy
- Addendum guidelines for the prevention of peanut allergy in the US
- USP 797 Compliance Training Workshop
The Advanced Course is structured for otolaryngologists integrating more allergy assessment and management into their practice, AAOA members providing specialized allergy care who need to remain current with literature-based evidence and practice trends, residents, PA/NPs who work in otolaryngology, and allied health staff who support their physicians in the management of allergic patients. The Advanced Course offers face-to-face opportunities with the faculty to discuss nuances and answer questions.
The Advanced Course is intended to advance physician competence and performance and is intended to result in improved patient care outcomes. Upon completion of the course, participants should demonstrate competence in the evaluation and management of the allergic patient, including utilization of appropriate testing techniques, implementation of environmental control, delivery of allergy pharmacotherapy, and delivery of safe immunotherapy.
The American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy designates this live activity for a maximum of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Join Us In Austin
- Fellow Member $1,110
- Associate Member $1,225
- International Member $1,225
- NP/PA Member $1,225
- Allied Health Member $1,225
- Resident Member $600
- Non-Member Physician $2,500
- Non-Member Allied Health, NP/PA $2,500
- Non-member Resident $850
- Industry Representative $2,500
Registration fees are non-transferable. Refunds (less a 20% administration fee) may be considered for cancellations received in writing by the AAOA prior to November 12, 2019.
Cancellations received after November 12, 2019 are non-refundable.
If you have a disability or require assistance during the course, contact the AAOA at 202-955-5010 or email@example.com.
If you’re not a member of the AAOA, join now and take advantage of the membership rates.